Home Security Systems: Home Security 911
Home Security 911 gives homeowners a place to turn to in the midst of numerous home security options.
Not only does the market have hundreds of companies to choose from, but you’ll want to learn about the variety of different features and technology before you select a home security provider and plan that’s right for you.
Some homeowners may choose to install their alarm systems on their own, but with the help of a professional installation technician, you can be sure the system is installed correctly. Most importantly, security systems set up by a home security company usually come with a service plan or sometimes even a guaranteed warranty, which covers costs, maintenance and repairs for defective equipment. Don’t get left holding the bill if you set up your own home security system and then find you have to spend additional money because of incorrect wiring or improper installment.
Why do I need home security?
Did you know a burglary occurs in the U.S. every 14 seconds? And most burglars only spend 8-12 minutes in the homes they break into? Fortunately, the FBI also reports that homes protected by security systems are three times less likely to be burglarized.
Millions of homeowners turn to reliable home security providers for their home monitoring and security needs. Their reasons include:
- Safeguarding against break-ins
- Helping to protect the home, family, pets and possessions
- Staying connected to the home with remote access
- Managing home security systems with home automation technology
Let Home Security 911 be your guide to finding the best home security systems and monitoring from a dependable provider. You’ll discover the different types of plans and equipment that will not only help protect your home and family, but also allow you to live your life without the hassle of complicated technology.
Benefits of home security systems
A home security company provides homeowners with benefits that DIY systems can’t. Even though you won’t have to pay a monthly monitoring fee with a DIY system, you won’t receive around-the-clock monitoring from an experienced provider with state-of-the-art monitoring facilities.
Some of the advantages of professionally monitored home security systems include:
- 24-hour monitoring – National and local security companies usually have at least one monitoring center where they receives alarm notifications. Someone will monitor your home for alarm signals, day and night, even when you aren’t there.
- Fast alarm response – Monitoring centers are staffed with trained security professionals. Dispatchers react quickly and calmly to alarm signals, ensuring homeowners receive the proper assistance during emergencies.
- Easy-to-use equipment – Technology can seem daunting, but alarm systems are actually very easy to operate. Some even feature one-touch access on keypads and wireless remote keychains, so you can contact a monitoring center with just the touch of a button.
- Professional installation – Wireless systems don’t require a lot of drilling and major home renovations. A security provider’s certified technicians can teach you how to use your system and ensure all the equipment is working once installed. If you choose to go the DIY route or, you can still hire an installation technician to properly install your system. Be sure to ask about discounts or promotional rates on installation when you sign up with a provider.
- Peace of mind – Knowing a trusted home security provider is monitoring you home and family 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, helps you worry less and feel safer. Home security systems can monitor and help reduce the risk of break-ins, house fires, medical emergencies, carbon monoxide, flooding and extreme temperatures to help ensure the safety of your home.
Home security systems: Features and options for homes across America
Another benefit of alarm systems is the variety of cutting-edge technology homeowners can equip their homes with. These features help provide an extra layer of protection for your home and help you easily manage your security system (at home or remotely) at reasonable price included in your monthly monitoring payment.
Customers who have home alarm systems through a professional security provider can upgrade their monitoring plans to include additional features. Those who choose DIY home security may not be able to add all of these features.
Security cameras have become increasingly popular throughout the home security industry and they are available with DIY and professional home alarm systems. Some different models include bullet, wireless and decoy cameras. Some are available for both indoor and outdoor locations as well as night and day use.
This technology includes managing different features of your home security system using mobile devices. Arm and disarm your system and control other household functions such as thermostat settings, lighting and security cameras.
If you don’t have a landline at your house, many security providers offer cellular monitoring options so that your alarm system can still connect to a monitoring center through cellphone towers in your area.